The Global Coupon Number (GCN) that uniquely identifies the coupon worldwide is coded in a barcode, so that it can be automatically recognized at checkout. The discount value is also coded in the same barcode.
The barcode type used is the GS1 DataBar. Depending on the space available on the coupon, a GS1 DataBar Expanded or GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked can be chosen.
How do you create the barcode?
Some coupon designers and printers can create the correct barcode based on the GCN themselves.
If they cannot do this, there are 2 options:
- through My Coupon Manager, coupon issuers who register their coupon information directly in that solution can download the barcode in PDF format and deliver it to the designer or printer
- through the Coupon Barcode Creator, all coupon issuers, as well as the designers or printers themselves, can convert the GCN into the barcode and download it in PDF or EPS format.
- Complete the application form
- You will receive your user account by email after approval of your application
- Log in to https://gcn.gs1belu.org
- Fill in the GCN and the discount value along with their Application Identifiers (including the parentheses).
For example: (255)5412345000150(3902)075
- Depending on the space available on the coupon design, choose the GS1 DataBar type: Expanded or Expanded Stacked
- The GS1 DataBar is automatically created in PDF or EPS format
- Integrate the full barcode including the numbers in your coupon design
Have the scannability of the barcode checked free of charge.
Avoid delays at checkout because of unscannable coupons, and therefore have the barcode checked for free before the coupon comes on the market.
Use our barcode checking service.