Coupon issuers register the coupon information in “My Coupon Manager”.
This includes the:
- Global Coupon Number (GCN) that uniquely identifies the coupon worldwide
- the start and end date of the period within which the coupon is valid
- store formulas in which the coupon is valid
- discount value of the coupon
- indication whether the coupon is personalized.
- as well as the link with the products to which the discount applies
- and the quantity that must be purchased
As a coupon issuer, it is also possible to register the coupon information in the HighCo Data Extranet of the clearing house. HighCo Data Extranet then forwards that information to My Coupon Manager.
The coupon information is delivered by My Coupon Manager to the supermarket checkouts.
The barcodes in which the GTINs of the products and GCN's of the coupons are coded, are scanned at the cash register. If the cash register also has the coupon information, it can autonomously check whether all the conditions for the automatic granting of the discount have been met.
The automatic granting of discount provides some advantages for both the coupon issuer and the supermarket. The coupon does not have to be checked manually by a cashier, which saves time and reduces errors. Since the discount is also only granted if all conditions are met, only compliant coupons will be refunded.