This masterclass offers an in-depth introduction into Category management, as well as a zoom into some fundamentals.
Introduction and 8 step category management process
- Importance of the moment-of-purchase in the commercial strategy.
- How can category management help to effectively address this challenge?
- Definition and content of category management, tips and tricks, hands-on workshop.
→ Luc Desmedt, managing director LD&Co & Tom Herbots (Manager LVD Spacemanagement & In-store Solutions)
How to use GFK-data to deliver r effective category management?
- The use of household panel data: how can Nielsen and GfK help to measure, analyze and optimize your category management efforts?
→ Tom Cornelis, Commercial Lead Consumer Panel Belgium GfK
- Prerequisites for effective category management: ensuring alignment - both internally and between supplier and retailer, setting priorities, developing engaging presentations, co-creation of strategies and plans,..
→ Luc Desmedt, managing director LD&Co
- Category assessment and tactics: how to apply the category management principles to e-commerce as part of an omnichannel approach?
→ Karel Demeester, founding partner CallebautCollective
- Category assessment and tactics: how to generate the shoppers insights, needed for developing shopper based category plans data? What are the state-of-the art methodologies?
→ Carine Vaeremans, CEO Profacts
- Presentation of the Category and Brand Building Framework, offering a targeted, omnichannel Category management approach
→ Luc Demeulenaere, Sr advisor Demeulenaere & Co
The different building blocks of the program will be delivered by a selection of trainers who are experienced experts in their field:
- Luc Desmedt (managing director LD&Co and coordinator of the program)
- Tom Herbots (Manager LVD Spacemanagement & In-store Solutions)
- Karel Demeester (founding partner Callebaut Collective)
- Carine Vaeremans (CEO Profacts)
- Luc Demeulenaere (Sr advisor Demeulenaere & Co)
- Tom Cornelis (Commercial Lead Consumer Panel Belgium at GfK)
After following the 4 day Essentials program you will:
- Know the 8 steps of the category management process and how to implement them
- Understand why category management represents the ideal platform to win at the moment-of-purchase, the crucial touch-point within the customer journey.
- Understand how category management can bring the collaboration between retailers and suppliers to a higher strategic level.
- Comprehend the need for an engaging category vision and know how to develop this
- Master some techniques and practices to strengthen the depth of the category assessment and the quality of category plans
- Know the state-of-the-art shopper research methodologies and understand the strengths and limitations of each methodology
- Understand the similarities and differences between category management in the physical store and the retailer webshop, from fixing the basics ("don't frustrate me") till more advanced activations ("guide & surprise me").
- Learn how starting from the common brand & retailer omnichannel customer journey helps to identify and prioritize value adding category management initiatives.
- Understand the essentials of target shopper-based category management, delivered via a unique framework
- GS1 Belgilux Members for 4 days: € 1.595 excl. 21% VAT
- GS1 Belgilux non-Members for 4 days:€ 1.995 excl. 21% VAT
Participants are requested to bring a laptop.
This training is given in English, but all trainers can answer questions in Dutch and French.
Questions? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is subject to our cancellation policy.
Training @ GS1
Ravensteingalerij 4 B10 Galerie Ravenstein - 1000 Brussels
GS1-members: € 1.595
Non-members: € 1.995